HOW WELL CAN YOU & YOUR TEAM RUN A BUINESS?
What Is Winning Margin?
Winning Margin is a business simulation which allows up to four teams to run a business over a three-year period. The team not only has to make decisions about what to make and sell in their own business but also how their competitors in markets around the world might react.
Investment decisions need to be made not only to try and increase profitability but also to move the business toward a more sustainable future without jeopardising results.
What Type Of Business Would Benefit From Winning Margin?
Winning Margin is a manufacturing simulation but is suitable for all types of business from manufacturing to retail and services. As well as the manufacturing sector we have used it with banks, accountants, retailers and investment and insurance companies.
What Are The Objectives Of Winning Margin?
To Develop Participants Understanding In The Following Areas:
- Why Running A Business Efficiently & Productively May Not Produce The Best Results and how to deal with this.
- The Effect Of Short-Term And Long-Term Decisions
- The Effect Of Net Zero / Sustainability Investments Decisions On Profitability
- Interpretation of Financial Reports – Key Performance Indicators
- Profit vs Cash – Cash Management
- Investment In New Equipment / Techniques And The True Effect On The Business.
and to help identify and understand the relationship between these topics and strategic / operational decisions
Who Would Benefit From Winning Margin?
Anyone at any level in your organisation, as the purpose of the simulation is to not only get people to work well as a team but to enable them to appreciate what different parts of the organisation do and why. It also shows them how their decisions affect the business as a whole.
How Long Does The Simulation Last?
We have one, two and three day courses depending upon your availability and budget. The longer courses go into much greater depth and allow for more planning by the teams but huge benefits can be gained from a one day course but the longer the course the greater the benefits.
The course requires a day length of a minimum of eight hours (including breaks).
How Many People Can Take Part?
We need a minimum of ten and a maximum of twenty people. We can accommodate larger groups but these courses take longer to organise. If you have a large group you would be better off splitting them over multiple courses as we find the delegates achieve more that way however courses for up to forty people are possible.
What Do People Say About Winning Margin?
Here are a few quotes from people who have recently attended the course:
- By Far The Best Training Course I have Been On
- A Real Eye Opener To See How It All Translates To The Numbers Especially When You’re More Used To Focussing On The Engineering
- For me, it highlighted all of the considerations that go into business decisions, from market awareness/forecasting/product planning right through to production planning/adhering to contracts.
- It gave a whole new perspective to business I had never fully considered
- Incredibly useful to show the effect of decisions that are universally seen as “the right thing to do” but how it can negatively impact a P&L. I think there is tonnes of value to be gained.
How Much Does Winning Margin Cost?
That depends upon the number of people attending, the number of days over which the course is run and the facilities that the client is providing.
If you would like a quote please contact us and we will be happy to provide you with a detailed cost breakdown. However, to give you an idea a one-day course normally cost between £100 and £150 per person plus VAT and expenses.
Sounds Great, How Do I Find Out More?
Please use our contact form and we will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.